- The Beginning of an East Asian Design Network Seoul Design Foundation Opens DDP Store in Hong Kong’s PMQ
The Beginning of an East Asian Design Network
Seoul Design Foundation Opens DDP Store in Hong Kong’s PMQ
- On April 20 (Thu), a DDP Store was opened in the PMQ and exchanges for design content projects began between the Seoul Design Foundation and Hong Kong’s PMQ.
- The store plans to sell products made by young Korean designers and hold small exhibitions and workshops.
- The PMQ Design Select Shop is scheduled to open at the DDP in early May.
□ The Seoul Design Foundation (Lee Keun, CEO) will open a DDP Store in the PMQ, located in Central, Hong Kong.
○ The DDP Store in Hong Kong is a designer art shop that offers over 300 products made by about 40 young Korean designers.
○ Unlike the one in Korea, the DDP Store in the PMQ will not only sell products made by young Korean designers but also host exhibitions and workshops.
□ In June 2016, the Seoul Design Foundation and PMQ Management signed an agreement and began engaging in design content exchanges via the DDP Store.
○ Through exchanges of human and spatial resources, the two organizations will share their design expertise in their respective local markets as well as their public interest in design, crafts, and fashion items. Moreover, the organizations will hold design exhibitions, workshops, lectures, and other programs for the public.
○ The PMQ (former Police Married Quarters) is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Hong Kong. Established in 1889 as a public school, it was later used as a dormitory for married police officers. In 2001, the building was renovated to create an art and design complex with the support of the Hong Kong government. Today, it is a design shopping mall and cultural arts center that is made up of spaces for stylish designers, trendy boutiques, galleries, antique shops, and restaurants.
□ Starting with Hong Kong, the Seoul Design Foundation aims to build a design network with major cities throughout East Asia.
○ In early May, the PMQ’s Design Select Shop will open as a “shop-in-shop” in the DDP Store in Dongdaemun, Seoul. Over 60 products made by about 20 Hong Kong designers will be on display for visitors to buy.
○ To vitalize the exchange of East Asian design content, the Seoul Design Foundation will open DDP Stores in Beijing and other cities in 2017.
Appendix: Image of the PMQ in Hong Kong
현재 페이지에 대한 정보 만족도를 평가해 주세요! 의견을 수렴하여 빠른 시일 내에 반영하겠습니다.