- Human City Design Award 2020 Announcement
- Registration Date
Human City Design Award 2020
□ Overview of Award
In 2018, Seoul City declared itself the "Human City Design Seoul". The ‘Human City Design Seoul’ Declaration is a response to what the world needs now, with our society convinced that we must overcome the harmful effects of human alienation or materialism or environmental problems, and design a sustainable urban environment in which human can enjoy creative lives. It is the wish of the Seoul Metropolitan Government and of the Seoul Design Foundation that Seoul can serve as a window for communication in building an urban ecosystem where human and nature coexist and as a platform for joint prosperity where the sustainability and well-being of the cultural community is sought after. With this hope, the "2nd Human City Design Award in 2020" is presented to designers or groups that have contributed to building a more harmonious and sustainable relationship between human and human, between human and society, between human and the environment, and between human and nature by tackling urban environmental issues and by presenting a new vision through creative design, following the successful start of the 1st Human City Design Award in 2019.
- Title of Award : Human City Design Award 2020
- Theme : Design for Sustainable City for a harmonious relationship between human and the environment
- Purpose · To establish a sustainable city ecosystem for a harmonious relationship between human and the environment through design
· To discuss design as a creative solution of complex social problems in the city and expand design’s healing effects around the world
· To make the design sector contribute to the development of mankind
- Area : Less than 5 years’ implemented design projects(Product, Space/Environment, Communication, System and Service, etc.) that contribute to a more harmonious and sustainable relationship between human and human, human and society, human and the environment and human and nature
- Host : Seoul Metropolitan Government
- Organizer : Seoul Design Foundation
- Patronage/Cooperation : Human Cities EU Network, World Design Organization (WDO), The UNESCO Creative Cities Network, Cumulus, The Silk Road Universities Network(SUN), Korean Federation of Design Associations etc.
□ Official Schedule (Korean Standard Time)
- Official Announcement I 1 April 2020(Wed.) ~ 11 September 2020(Fri.)
- Pre - Registration (Options) I 25 May 2020(Mon.) ~ 17 July(Fri.) *Newly Open
- Registration (Essentials) I 20 July 2020(Mon.) ~ 11 September 2020(Fri.)
- Review I 14 September 2020(Mon.) ~ 30 October 2020(Fri.)
- Winner Announcement I 11 November 2020(Wed.)
- Award Ceremony I 11 November 2020(Wed.)
*The above schedule is subject to change due to circumstances.
- Selection : Grand Prize for One Winner [Human City Design Grand Prize]
(※Except one winner, benefits of award will be awarded to around 10 people called "Nominees" who qualified at a 1st review)
- Prize Money : 100,000,000 won (KRW) [Including Tax]
* Worth 85,000 USD (variable according to the rate of exchange)
- Benefits of award
1. Invitation to the "2020 Human City Design Award" Ceremony
2. Participation as a speaker at 2020 Human City Design Conference or Global Workshop
3. Invitation to the 2020 Human City Design Exhibition
4. Support for a visit to "2020 Human City Design Award" Ceremony and related events (airfare and accommodation)
5. Guided tour for DDP and Seoul
6. Testimonial (Grand prize : Trophy / Nominees : Plaque)
(Site Verification if necessary)
□ Judging Criteria
1. Solution to living issues in the city
Does the theme address a design issue involving the city, human’s lives, human, the society, the environment, or nature in order to create a harmonious human city?
2. Expansion of global values
Does the perspective of the design solution show creativity and have a spillover effect that can be expanded on a global level?
3. Proposal for Future vision
Does the design contribute to proposing a vision for future-oriented global culture and civilization for the joint prosperity of the human race and nature?
□ Registration Documents
Submission to Human City Design Award Secretariat Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre – Registration
※ Please Complete Registration Documents in English
· [1. Pre - Registration Form]
- Submit the project name, name, affiliation, contact information(Phone, e-mail), and country in pre-registration period.
- A reminder message will be sent later.
1st Registration Documents
※ Please Complete Registration Documents in English
· [1. Entry Form]
· [2. Performance Resume]
- Design-related experience
- Project performance (Less than 5 years)
- Representative project's images (around 8 images) with explanations
· [Optional : Project-related video URL or file]
- Format : Video max. 3 minutes (wmv, mov, asf, avi, mpeg)
- Capacity : less than 500mb, over 1024*768 pixel
2nd Registration Documents
· Candidates that have passed the first review may be asked to provide additional materials upon request of the selection committee (Candidates will be contacted individually)
- Candidates are responsible for the materials they have submitted, and all documents that have been submitted to the secretariat will not be returned.
- In any of the following events, the candidate will be disqualified and the award may be cancelled even after winners are announced and awards are delivered.
· The content of a submitted document is discovered to be false or falsely written.
· A candidate is acknowledged as having violated intellectual property rights (e.g. the copyright or design rights of others) by engaging in plagiarism, illegal copying, or unauthorized citation.
- Candidates hold the copyright of the submitted works, and the sponsor and the organizer of the awards may use the submitted works for PR purposes(exhibitions, events, reviewing, publishing, etc.) after consulting with the work’s owner.
- For a project that was carried out under the name of an official organization, the individual/group that has actually implemented the project will be reviewed.
- All schedules of the review process, the awards ceremony and the announcement of winners are subject to change depending on the circumstances of the organizer.
□ Enquiry Contact
Human City Design Award Secretariat
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Tel : 02-2096-0056/0081
- Homepage : humancitydesignaward.or.kr/